I turned 30 yesterday and welcomed myself into this new decade with a great day: laying in bed until 10am with my man and my babe (he also gave my fuhcockta (how do you spell that, Pam?) neck a massage), going out to lunch at my favorite restaurant, coffee at my favorite coffee shop, a trip to the U to check out a few new art exhibits AND–hold onto your seats–a visit to a certain box store to pick up my birthday present:
Andy surprised me with a new iMac. I KNOW. And, my parentals got me a new camera. So, I feel all teched out and very loved.
It was a good birthday that ended in a party at my house with about 30 folks, some cocktails and laughs. Here are thirty things I love right now:
- The man and kid pictured above.
- This song.
- Dark lipstick.
- The elk meatballs Andy made last night.
- My family. I couldn’t ask for any better.
- Getting a good deal on an item of clothing.
- My rogue gray hairs. Sometimes.
- Big, colorful earrings.
- Martinis with the tiniest splash of olive juice.
- Bug’s grunts and stretches as she wakes up in the morning.
- Heated car seats.
- My dog and cats.
- A clean kitchen sink.
- Taking a great photo.
- Elegant but hardy glassware.
- Thinking about Bush not being our president much longer.
- Dorking out on my new computer.
- Dancing in a crowd of high energy people.
- My girlfriends.
- Odwalla grapefruit juice.
- My morning coffee in a mug with a light colored interior.
- Running when it is snowing or raining.
- Andy’s excitement to see bug when he gets home from work.
- Taking stuff I don’t need to the thrift store.
- When I allow myself the time to practice yoga.
- Shoes that are super cute and don’t hurt really bad.
- Cds in the correct cd cases.
- When people use inside voices while talking on their cell phones.
- Being 30. I hear all my insecurities will vanish and I will relish in my confidence and strength. Bring it.
Happy birthday! It’s nice to see someone pick out thirty things that make them happy. Especially I like the one about Bush…could we give you our bushlike prime minister, by any chance? 🙂