So these things can be fun and I was tagged by black swamp girl and I am not the type to just not respond to a challenge. But I am the type to add a new twist.
THE ORIGINAL RULES:
List seven songs you are into right now. Tag seven other people to see what they are listening to.
List seven albums you were into ten years ago.
My current seven in no particular order (song, artist, album):
- All I Want is You; Barry Louis Polisar; Old Dogs, New Tricks. Anyone getting married soon? Please dance to this song.
- Ideoteque; Radiohead; Kid A. Melts me it is so beautiful
- Fidelity; Regina Spektor; Begin to Hope. Her voice rocks.
- This Must be the Place; Talking Heads; Best of. I love to dance to this song. It is old but will probably always be in my top seven. Reminds me of college and dancing at the Union Club with my friend John.
- Where Is My Mind?; Pixies; Surfer Rosa. Maybe the greatest song in my lifetime.
- Tree Hugger; Kimya Dawson; Juno Soundtrack. LOVE HER.
- Pure Imagination; Maroon Five; Mary Had Little Amp. I dig kid albums that I like to listen to too.
My 10ish-year-ago seven (artist, album):
- Sublime; Sublime. Andy and I listened to this album as we drove up the Beartooth Pass on our first kinda date but not really, eleven years ago tomorrow.
- Indigo Girls; 1200 Curfews. My girlfriends and I knew every single word to every song. We would drive around with the windows down (when gas was a lot cheaper and you could still meet people at the airport gate) and scream this album.
- Tori Amos; Under the Pink. I still love her so much. I dance with bug to Tori all the time.
- Van Morrison; Best of. When Andy and I had been dating a few months, he had me over to his house and made me calzones. He put this album on. We made out and I will always love this album.
- Bjork; Homogenic. She is another timeless star in my life. I have a giant crush on her.
- Willie Nelson; Live. I met Willie Nelson because my ma in law produced a concert in Red Lodge, MT a few years back.
- Moby; Play. I haven’t listened to this in a while because I think I got my fill over a two-three year period when I played this album at every dinner party. Andy may have hidden it from me, actually.
OK, so now these seven get to play:
somewhere between a handshake and two kisses
A Drivel Runs Through It
Grow it. Eat it.
Enjoying the Small Things
I’d love to hear from others too–List your seven in the comments.
ps Sunny and hot in Montana. Pics and juicy garden gossip soon. Off to the warm, wormy dirt.
OMGosh, I am loving Regina Spektor right now, too.
And Van Morrison and Moby — yesss.
Thanks for asking me to play. It may take me a few days, but I’ll do it.