dig this: open for business

Ta da!

Shucks, thanks for your inquiries about my postcards, aprons and other creative makings. And, now, I am here to tell you my etsy shop is officially hyperlinkable and open. I recently decided to cut my work hours a teeny bit to hang with my girl. Monday is our day and, while she naps and often while she’s underfoot, I am making stuff to supplement lost income, so, feel free to spend recklessly.

Right now, ready to be mailed from blustery and *almost* springy western Montana straight to your mailbox (starting smallish…with plans to grow):

:: Correspond with pals using postcards featuring my photos of organic, homegrown produce with a sweetly designed back on 130 lb, matte paper and charming rounded corners. I printed them locally. And, if you live hereabouts, the postcards are also available at the Good Food Store. Look at how excited Anne is to receive an oversized carrot card.

:: Encourage little bug’s sashay in style in cute little skirts made for bare spring legs or over tights or leg warmer-clad winter legs. I can’t get enough of these skirts and they survive growth quite nicely. Elastic is a fabulous invention. Right up there with scissors, funnels and zippers.

:: Paint or knit with abandon. Yours truly is making customizable paint brush/knitting needle holders/storers like I made my man for xmas. He loves it and I can say I haven’t seen anything else out there like it. The organizer is faced with flannel and functions as a travel storage diddy while also hanging handsomely on a wall in the studio.

:: Bake frivolously donning a delightful apron. Gents: these are not just for the ladies. Ladies, wouldn’t you find it sexy if your man was baking in an apron? Maybe not this very one with pink pom poms, but maybe yes. I’ll get more in the shop within a few weeks.

All of these items are available in my etsy shop with more to come soon. It’s all affordable and I guarantee your sweet satisfaction. I’d love e mails (digthischick at gmail dot com) regarding custom orders. For the moment, I am sticking with the kid skirts, aprons and paintbrush organizers in the sewing department. The quilt thing is kindof like childbirth–it will take me a few months to forget the mind-blowing pain and want another. Never say never to second children or quilts. Perhaps this summer for both.

21 Responses to dig this: open for business

I DIG THIS CHICK! NOW I officially take up the position of being the town crier for your goods! & I wish you much success!

Bravo Nici….well done.

xoxo, Mom

2. Chiot's Run says:

Love it. I especially like the pom poms on the apron!!!

3. Wendy says:

Very cool stuff. And yes, I do find it sexy when my man bakes in an apron (Boston cream pie for Valentine’s- I’m a lucky lucky girl). I love the paint brush holder… I’ve been thinking about making something like that for the members of my daughter’s craft group. I’ve only seen things like this for colored pencils and knitting needles… I love the idea of the different sizes and shapes.

Good luck with your shop!

4. Joan says:

I saw aprons for sale at the Red Lodge Drug. I didn’t look to see how much they were but maybe you could make a half dozen or so and see if you could sell them at that kitchen store in Missoula. By the way your skirt model does a great job. Very cute skirts!! Congrats DIL

5. mrs chux says:

I mostly stuck on the closing of this entry. what i take out of it is that “baby bug” WILL be “big sister bug” this summer!

yippee! for etsy business!
    the memory of pain comes back … but … you also have the knowledge that it has an ending the second time around. the first time … i think you worry that it will never end.
    sometimes the making of quilts feel that way too.

7. Patia says:

You’re so crafty, you make people.

:-)

Congrats! That is wonderful news.

9. Malissa says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

10. lera says:

Are those Bug’s little legs? I love the middle photo with the stripey tights.

(Are you making a big announcement for this summer??? Should I be excited yet?)

okay…here goes.
    you’re crazy cool.
    and the orange and periwinkle skirt? oh, baby…nice picks for fabric. all of them. the pom-pom trim? heaven. are these amy butler fabrics? do you buy them online or do have a local fabric store far cooler than ours?
    and the post cards…oh, the post cards. i’ve always had a soft spot for rounded corners. seriously…makes a world of difference. like i wanna buy a die-cut machine and house it in my living room.
    you rock, baby. and you’re gunna go far. like outer space far.

Awesome, Nici! I already plugged your new site to a bunch of my girlfriends…Yay!!

13. cjs says:

trbholt so took my line.
    I am so digging this chick.
    and…
    feeling inspired.
    motivated.
    empowered.
    you’re amazing.

14. cjs says:

meant to mention the quilt post…

I should have commented as soon as I read it…as now, it might seem…anticlimactic. anyway…it gave me chills.

hope I didn’t cross the line with my sap.

you are just so…rare.

cjs

15. Alana says:

saw your creations at the GFS today – loved them. good job gal! somewhere in my supplement recommendations, i’ll slip in a reason why those postcards are a must have! :)

16. Heidi says:

oh my goodness…that apron with the pom poms…delightful!! so fun!

those skirts…i so think one would fit my four year old with a pair of tights.

you really amazing. you are definitely a do-er…i love doers/do-ers (not quite sure if its a word) bc they inspire to be a better one.

17. What’s up, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this article. It was funny. Keep on posting!

18. d3 gold says:

I adore the fresh d3 gold. However these are your primary binocular and so i get these folks almost every day time except for due to down pours because its not really water proof. Just because You need an item to usher in all of the damp, I just now required my secondly list of d3 gold.