upswwwwwwwwiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng

First off I have to say wow, y’all, thanks for your thoughtful encouragement and advise on my last post. I read every comment and e mail and it was through your words and a few of my dear friends kicking me in the ass to make a few changes that I am feeling way better. Turns out I needed to talk some things through with some people, let myself feel funky and ultimately let some some stuff go. Geesh that’s hard sometimes.

I also discovered I am not crazy in thinking that my belly is exceptionally giant. I am a whole month ahead with my due date. Still a holiday but t’will be closer to turkey than santa. This is surprising because it seems completely impossible to us but nonetheless the little babe has femurs and a head that suggest 21 weeks. Also, when our midwife had her little ultrasound machine on my belly, all of my I-don’t-want-to-know-the-gender-yet stubbornness left my body and I was so excited to know. All we could see was a butt….no dangly genitalia but that doesn’t mean anything yet. 21 weeks.

And I am just loving the somersaults from a real, live, 10 1/2 inch human. Length of a carrot.

So, in the spirit of summer we have been hugging and my conscience effort to be and enjoy, here are some little nuggets that make me happy right now.

First tomatoes, sungold of course.

Margot romping around with her friends in the dress I made her.

Camping.

First-thing-in-the-morning faces.

Three eggs a day in the hens’ fancy new nesting boxes.

Best garage sale ever: 25 yards of thick, fabulous knit fabric and 10 patterns for $15.

Watching Margot grow into friendships with my friend’s kids.

Nearly four gallons of peas from my garden and the little buggers are still bloomin’.

Date night with my man and his new wooden ring I had made for him. Love etsy. His real wedding ring could kill him, what with the metalness and conductivity around electricity and such so he can’t wear it.

Where I live. Dang it’s beautiful.

21 Responses to upswwwwwwwwiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng

This comment has been removed by the author.

2. barbaras says:

Hi Nici,
    I hadn’t commented on your last post cause everyone had already said what needed to be said:).. Your life is amazing and I am always so impressed with your thoughts and the way you express them.. Glad things are looking up again. Can’t believe how soon the new baby will be here!
    -Barbara

I kept waiting for the twins announcement….one more bug. Ahh. So cute.

Glad to see that things seem to be looking up!

Had to re-do…too many typos

So happy you are back in the swing of things! Life is a crazy rolling ball that turns & twists and never stops….which I think is a good thing.

The photos on this post put a huge smile on my face. Bare butts, babe belly, garden harvest,fresh eggs, fun with friends, holding hands, my darling granddaughter,sweet granddogger and my beautiful Montana….life is good!

xoxo, Mom/Gram

ps….can hardly wait to see you, just 10 more days!!

5. Casey says:

In a list of my own nuggets, mine would surely link to you and your beautiful life… I’m so lucky to be a part of it. These photos are as awesome as our adventure – thanks for making it happen!

Your bump is adorable! And now you’re over half way there :)

7. Gillian says:

love that pic! so glad we were a part of that lovely evening.
    and way to get the pics up pronto! so satisfying for this devoted fan.

8. Erin O. says:

Glad that you are feeling better. I really appreciate your candid reflections – even though I don’t know you personally, I dare I say…look up to you and how you parent/live life. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one that looks around occasionally and thinks “WTF am I doing?”

Holy upswing batman! Love it and your attitude! Are you kidding me with that bare bums shot? The bounce house pictures are classic! They look like their in a rocket ship on the moon!! Love that bug smile!!

ah. a lovely checklist of things that are wonderful.
    we were joking at our ultrasound the other day that although the exact weekage isn’t important today … that come january/february … that kinda information may prove important. i ended up exactly where we thought. but you! yippee! you got an extra couple of weeks for the price of one!
    life is sure lovely. my poor tomatoes are greenish still. but i have zucchini comin’ outta my ears! 7 ready today! (does your mom need any zucchini??) :)

Those are some mighty fine nuggets, friend.

I love seeing Margot growing up with her group of friendly pals. Such a sweet little thing.

Enjoy all the goodness, but do let yourself feel funky – it’s only natural.

NICE PEAS!

12. Pooka says:

Wow. I am jealous of your life. It all looks so glorious.. from this end anyway. I used to do things like that when I was younger.. or rather, my mother would do such things with me. When did I become just too busy for all of this? :(

Too much to say for a little comment here but just wanted to say –so great to meet you and your sweet family. You are beautiful and glorious. Thanks for capturing moments here and there and sharing them with the world. I am excited for you . . . xo

14. Sage says:

oh ya! It is always a good thing in my book when you are not having to be preggers as long. And oh, I love that butt photo! You are such a lovely person with a lovely life… so happy for you my friend that you are feeling better. xo

ah, the butts. i like butts. and i like upswings. and that s’more pic. and that incredibly gorgeous belly (oh, to photograph you in the mountains with that belly…my camera is itching). and bug’s face looking up with her lainey-like spaced teeth (they say that’s good!) and 21 weeks. the precious little carrot. love. kiss.

16. Barbara, I always love hearing from you! How sweet what your daughter said about your choices as a young mama…xo

Erin O, nope, I think we all look around and say wtf with regularity. It’d be so boring otherwise.

17. June says:

Beautiful life. And life to be.

18. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this blog post. It was funny. Keep on posting!