and the first….

Snow! A bit early this year and the surprise was a lovely one this morning.

Sunflowers hang their heads with heavy snow bonnets.

Chickens are cuddling, boots dug out of the closet.

An extra cup of coffee and extra long time in pjs. And then tea.

Sudden need to finish up all that canning and freezing and sudden overwhelming desire to meet the 17-inch kid in my stretching midsection.

A good day to have off from work with my family.

19 Responses to and the first….

1. You are handling the first snow much better than I would be at this point of the year. :)

By the way, that is one beautiful mug you have for your tea. Any chance you can share the source?

great photos, as usual! bug is so gorgeous, as is the belly. xo

3. Sara says:

HI! I ended up here from Sara’s Bee House Hives and I just have to say how much I LOVE your beautiful photos…and your fun humor! That photo of your little one and your big baby belly is just too cute! Good luck to you….and nice to meet you!

4. The ceramic artist is Hak Kyun Kim and he is amazing amazing. He received his MFA at UM here in Missoula last year and I think he has since moved…his e mail might be whitecera at hotmail dot com. That is on his UM grad page anyway.

5. Marty says:

I love the pic of your daughter pushing in your bellybutton! A source of fascination for a toddler. Your mug looks like the ones Dave Lockie makes here in Bozeman. I have a couple of his and love them. His wife and I used to compete together in the foods division at the Montana Winter Fair. That lady makes pies as well as her husband makes pottery.

6. Abasnail says:

Bugs eyes are as big as your tummy!

7. Loni Vargovich says:

Pictures are amazing – it sounds like you had a dreamy day! I treasure those days with the family too. Margot is so beautiful!

stop it. snow? for real? it’s beautiful…and so entirely cozy. huddle up and nest. love the tea pic too…and that girl. xoxo

I hate that Bacca and I are having computer issues…his is in for a face lift & we had a wake for mine 2 days ago. Funeral today; along with a twenty one gun salute…straight to the hard drive! Why am I telling you this? Because I am at the mercy of being able to jump on this little Dell laptop ONLY when your dad is not on it….like now. Thus I am only seeing your post today…..16 HOURS LATE!!!

Anywho, love the tum and Margot your touch of wonder!

We woke to a skiff snow today…my southern granddogger didn’t know quite what to think & is already snuggled in his warm bed….I guess I better make him a doggie coat.

Well my two favorite gals…stay warm. read books, make cookies and lots of snuggle time!

xoxo Mom/Gram

10. Linda says:

The snow is beautiful! We are still wearing shorts, tank tops and flip flops here. Love the pictures of you and Margot, just precious!

11. have i told you how much i love coming here with my tea in the morning to read? yes. but i will tell you again. and if i commented on all the things i wanted to comment on, my comment would be as long as your post. i love it all and thank you for sharing your art your cute sewing tags, the colors of the plums, your wonderful husband making you cookies… the huge amount of snow you got compared to us here in the Flathead!.. and so on.

12. Sage says:

oh those sunflowers look lovely! And little bug just exploring your belly… how wonderful is that! I love how tuned in you are to your body and what a gorgeous belly it is :)

13. Beegirl says:

Snow..? Gulp. Not ready! Love Bug.. how adorable.

Snow? OMG! It’s so africa hot here that I can’t imagine snow! I can’t believe how old Bug looks in the header picture! WOW! Stunning!

15. Ann says:

I am stalking your blog. I look at it several times a day (when I should be working) and I read the same entries over and over. Now I have my mom and sister hooked. When is your due date?

16. Ann: End of November is my due date although it has been bumped all over the place from Nov 28 to Dec 25! So, we’ll see. Thanks for reading.