hump day nuggets: Don’t cry over spilled milk. In fact, it’s best to laugh.

hump day nuggets: little bits of the season in photos and (few) words about the last week

:: Still pregnant.

And, feeling really great about what appears to be a happy outcome for my midwife at Community Medical Center. It was a bit overwhelming for me to be featured in the newspaper…this whole story is bigger than me and getting where we are took a heck of a lot of a lot of people writing letters and demanding change. But, ultimately (after a day or two of whoa that’s my big ole belly in ink there), I am proud to be in the paper and proud that our efforts paid off. We the people! Click here to read the article.

:: Can’t wait for Andy’s exhibit, opening this Friday, November 20, at the Dana Gallery. Regular ol‘ gallery hours starting that day with the public reception on Friday, December 4, 5-8pm. I promise to post images of all of his paintings after it opens!

:: Every morning for a week, we’d wake to Ida strutting about the yard, bragging to her hen honeys. The crazy part is that, after many many investigative attempts, we couldn’t figure out how she was accomplishing this so we settled on magic. But then, last weekend, Andy nancy drewed his way to discover a teeny gap in the corner of the run that was Ida’s Secret. Sorry, girl, you are smart and all but those raccoons are pretty tough round here.

:: omg I tweet. A friend convinced me twitter is a good thing for my business. And now I am supposed to write things like omg, btw. I don’t know much but my thingie is @chickdigs cause some other dig this chick took my name. mmmmm hmmm.

:: Monday morning I knocked the half and and in my attempt to catch it, I slapped it hard and hurled it across the kitchen. Just then, Margot climbed up on the kitchen table, knocked over her grape juice and announced desperately that she had to poop again mama (which just means use the toilet). And then she peed in her monkey jammies.

:: Margot has grown a bit indifferent (only a bit. still rockin’ the obsession with elmo panties.) to elmo and has been toting around this bowling pin-shaped duck for more than a month. It is from her daycare and it was finally gifted to her because none of the other kids had a chance to hold it anyway, nor were they interested. And, then, we lost the duck and I thought, eh, she’ll be fine. And I was wrong. Click here to read the rest of this essay at mamalode.com

24 Responses to hump day nuggets: Don’t cry over spilled milk. In fact, it’s best to laugh.

OH happy day…HDN!

You are right Burb…Never cry over spilled milk! Glad to see you are laughing through it all. Boy what I wouldn’t give for that spilled half and half…I made coffee this morn only to realize I was out of the creamy nectar. So wasted the Joe as I CANNOT drink it without cream.

SO SO proud of my son-in-law, wish I could just jump in the Subie and buzz over for the gala…..there in spirit.

So Margot, guess what? You are 23 months old today….look for ecard soon. I hear you are feisty….good for you keep it up! Your new duck is, well….just duckie! :)

Kisses to all!

xoxo, Mom/Gram

2. Staci says:

I saw the Independent article online the other day, congrats! I’m so glad things seem to have been sorted out. Future moms thank you for your efforts.
    Best of luck with your upcoming “special delivery” and thanks for always sharing such wonderful little nuggets.

3. booksNyarn says:

I love your hump day nuggets and so thrilled to hear that you are diving into the Twitterverse too! Thanks for sharing your corner of the world.

4. Joan says:

So the half and half spill is another case in point that you should get white cabinets.

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow. I am so excited. Proud of my little Missoula family.

XOXO

omg i laughed aloud at the spill story, only because we have all been there. and for me it’s usually as i’m all gussied up for work and trying to walk out the door, late, of course . . .

congrats to andy on his show and now i’m off to read your mamalode article because the alternative is to actually work and i’ve already been yelled at by a disgruntled family this morning and feel i deserve a breakie.

last night i was convinced you were in labor because i was having a little yoga sesh and your name flashed into my mind. glad to find a post from you today!
    xo

6. Melissa, I was convinced I was in labor last night too! I was having wild movement and contractions and low achy pain….but it all stopped, never even really got going. Funny you were thinking about it. I love stuff like that.

7. Anonymous says:

I’d just like to go on record saying how amazingly hot you look in that article photo. Also, I’m super proud of and inspired by your effort. Also, for the 80th time, I don’t know how you get it all done. Cooking, advocacy, working, mothering, pet-owning and don’t forget documenting it all for the world. Good lord.
    Love you.
    Lindsay

You are looking great, friend! That’s a lovely shot of you with your gorgeous future wee one on that article. So proud! You sound like such a no-nonsenser :)

The shot of Andy and Margot with the paintings is excellent.

I can’t wait to see his work.

9. Lisa says:

I don’t comment too often, but I just wanted to drop a note and say THANK YOU for keeping up with the blogging despite your entirely chock-full life! I blog myself (just about my chickens… nothing as awesome as your blog) and I too often can’t be bothered to post. It amazes me that you find the time to continue to share with the world a little window into your lovely life.

I enjoy your blog so much and absolutely check for updates on a daily basis. Congratulations on fixing the midwife situation… it’s unbelievable to me that you really got that done… and I can’t wait for your new girl to arrive! I’ll admit that I worry each day that you’ll have gone into labor and had the baby and are suddenly entirely too busy to blog and we’ll never hear from you again and we’ll miss out on watching your little family grow. If that really happens, we would all understand, but we would miss it!

Thanks again for such a great blog!

I am completely with you on the half & half, grapejuice, pee in monkey jammies incident …this morning we had a simultaneous wooden spoon catching fire on a hot burner/ first time pooping in the big pottie/ breast-milk spit-up all over my shoulder moment! I know these things happen to everyone (or moms anyway), but it’s nice to actually hear about it when it’s happening to someone else!

you rock on making things happen. congrats on your hard work for jean…and what a speedy turn-around for things to happen. beautiful picture too!

p.s. love the lone red shoe on the floor in the kitchen. dude, that’s my entire house.

14. So excited for the exhibit! I’m planning to make it back to Missoula before the end of the year and this makes me plan harder!

15. This comment has been removed by the author.

I love love love that picture of Andy and Bug painting together – PRECIOUS!!

I love Bug’s loyalty to her loves! And Dig’s loyalty to her loves! That’s a beautiful thing!!

17. I am going to the groc. to pick up the Independent. Way to go. You are kicking buns and taking names and baking cakes all the while.

Spilt (spilled?) milk.. happens everytime I mop, I swear it. I just dropped potted plant on the floor this a.m oh the fun of cleaning that up.

i love stuff like that, too. it was so strange because your whole name, like i visualized your watermark or something, flashed into my head so vividly! soon . . . .so exciting. xo

19. Heidi says:

poop, milk, and juice…i was laughing out loud while ignoring my kids screams for attention while reading that one and catching up on your writing.

pictures rock my world. you really do capture life as it is. love them.

love bug’s room and the quilts on the walls. and the old popping toy on the ground…!

congrats on the article. it’s amazing like everything you do.

can’t wait to see your little baby girl on that blanket…it is so beautiful.

20. Anonymous says:

A trickle of gucci computer casesoutside help began to gucci backpacksarrive Monday in this once-graceful a line wedding dressescity about 20 miles west of strapless ball gown wedding dressesPort-au-Prince, the capital. No one here is expecting much Louis Vuitton Messager Blackmore, even though by some official assessments the damage to towns across Louis Vuitton Neo CabHaiti’s southern provinces may exceed that of the ruined capital.