one very lovable nugget called Ruby Jane

All is very well in our chilly western Montana world. Our life is bursting with new found love because of the very cool girl who exited my body Monday morning. I didn’t realize anything was missing from my life until I met her.

Our birth experience at home was amazing and we are spending our time at home staring at each other, thankfully receiving food and hugs from dear friends and swirling around in a new daze of a new life. Thank you all so much for your well wishes. I felt all of your positive energy a few days ago as I rocked and swayed and did the perfectly impossible feat of pushing a kid into the world at 10:08am.

Happy birthday, Ruby Jane. We’re super glad to meet you.

Birth story to follow.

71 Responses to one very lovable nugget called Ruby Jane

beautiful. a beautiful baby, a beautiful name and beautiful pictures of a new life.
    congratulations to a mama and her family.
    and to margot. life is changing. but in a good way … i promise. sisters are pretty amazing.

2. Sage says:

Congratulations to you Nici and family! She is so beautiful! Now we share another wonderful thing…. Did you know that my Annica is Annica Jane? Named after one of the most amazing women I know, my dad’s sister Jane (married name Holt. Remember when I asked you if you were related to any SLC Holts?) Anyhoo… I mailed a little something for you today and I can’t wait to hear if you like it. Sending you lots of love during this momentous and wonderful time. xoxo

3. lera says:

Congratulations. She is absolutely beautiful. Does her big sister just adore her?

4. April says:

congratulations!!! beautiful pics, beautiful baby, beautiful family. happy thanksgiving.

5. Jess says:

Congratulations! Happy birthday and welcome to the world, Ruby!

6. j.j. says:

congrats!

…beautiful family!

…much love from us.

J, G, S, & P

7. Jean says:

Well, well, this is very good. I’m looking forward to meeting Ruby Jane.

I hope you are all snug and happy and getting to know each other.

I think about you all the time. Happy Thanksgiving. And all my love to all of you.

8. Anonymous says:

thank you for posting more pics. i can now stop excessively checking dig and your facebook page. she’s absolutely precious. dying to know margot’s reaction.
    love to the whole fam.
    XO
    Lindsay

You guys rock. Welcome to the most wonderful family, Ruby Jane. Hugs to you all.

10. Chiot's Run says:

Congrats! You truly have a lot to be thankful for this year!

i don’t even know what to say.
    that you look so entirely beautiful and young and mother-angelish in that picture of you holding your new girl? that i think she’s absolutely beautiful? that i’ve thought of your dear family so many times these last days…and that my heart is touched and eyes are teary to see our love in the form of that blanket wrapped around all of you in just about every picture? couldn’t have dreamed for it to be put to better use. cannot wait to meet you all in person. congratulations, dear friend…and so much love.

12. Gillian says:

the chills just won’t stop coming. seeing you guys all cozy in your bed is a huge plug for home birth for this city girl. so absolutely beautiful, all of it. love her already.

13. *Wesley* says:

Love the updated site. Ruby is adorable and I love the name you chose. Congrats!!

I am in awe of these pictures… Sometimes it is beyond my realm of comprehension that I gave birth to you Nici and now you have these two beauties. The birth of a child is one true miracle that we all have the chance to witness. I am in love with my two granddaughters;can’t wait to meet you my little Ruby Pie!

Margot the first picture of you gazing on her for the very first time is beautiful. I love you more than ever!

AND I am delighted to see that Alice has already taken up her devoted duties as Nanny!

I am so pleased all went as expected and my family is thriving…I so look forward to see you all soon.

xoxo, Mom and Gram of two!

15. Rachel says:

Congratulations. So so beautiful. I can’t wait to meet her!

16. Elke says:

Yahoo. She is wonderful. Must get it from her Mama.

17. Patsy says:

oh!!!!!!!!Very good! Welcome to the world Miss Ruby Jane!
    Love your name!

18. Kristen says:

Helllloooo miss Ruby Jane! Can’t wait to meet her and congrats to all of you! Huge hugs! XOXO

19. Deb says:

Ah wonderful. Congrats to you all and welcome to the world Ruby Jane!

20. Anonymous says:

Holt Clines:

Andy, you did good here, chief! Nics, blog material for a looonnnggg time as it should be for the extrordinary family! Great job!
    Margo, already starting to mentor your younger sister..and make sure she knows you are the older sister!

Ruby beauty has a ring to it!

Baka to be Baka ______ in a very few months!

Best to the Holt Clines.

21. Erin says:

Hello, beautiful Ruby Jane!!

I didn’t realize anything was missing from my life until I met her.
    …So beautifully said, Nici.

What a lovely babe, with an adorable name!

23. melanie joy says:

She’s wonderful! Congrats. I’m glad everything went well for you. Can’t wait to meet her!

24. TM_Erin says:

Happy to see that everyone is doing great! What a wonderful week to welcome a babe into the world – Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

*Can’t believe how big Margot looks next to Ruby!

25. Happy days holt-clines!!! What a wonderful thanksgiving week you must be having! I’m so thrilled for all of you!

26. Marty says:

Oh my! I got misty-eyed. I am so happy for you and your family. I love the name Ruby, too. And it looks like Margo is adjusting just fine.

God bless the four of you!

27. paige says:

How amazing was it to have her at home?

I am so happy it all happened so perfectly.

So much love to you all. I am glad to have seen you before the change and I can not wait to see after the change. You as a mom of two, and Margot as a big sister.

I am eager to hear more once you catch your breath again.

Happy Thanksgiving for sure. xo

I just thought to myself “I wonder if that baby has been born yet” and there she is!! Mazel tov!! How nice to be all warm and cozy from the get-go. So so nice.

29. Talitha says:

I have been lurking at your site for some time but had to come out to congratulate you on a wondrous and amazing event. Ruby is gorgeous and the perfect addition to your family… although you’ve had nine months to fall in love with her already. Many blessings on all of you!

30. claudia says:

helloooooooo and huge congratulations to you all. leigh and i are very happy for you. wonderful photos! we wish you just a continuum of these happy days that you are experiencing – love claudia & leigh

31. Nici…. simply amazing pictures. I am in awe. Can’t wait to hear the birth story! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family :)

32. WELCOME, Ruby Jane! We know you have made this the happiest of Thanksgivings. We love you, your big sister, and your mom and dad. We are especially happy that your dog, Alice, is already front and center in your life. She will guard you well. We can’t wait to meet you! Snuggle up and stay warm in the loving arms that hold you.
    Love,
    Great Aunt Lorie and Great Uncle Joe

Congratulations!! What a beautiful family. Lots of love. And Happy Thanksgiving–so much to be grateful for!! Thank you for sharing. xo
    And wow, Margot looks like a teenager next to Ruby. Love the name. We know a darling little Ruby. It’s a good one.

34. Shay says:

Congratulations on your beautiful new addition!!

35. Elise says:

Hey there little cous-
    cant wait to get my hands on ya!

36. Karen says:

What a wonderful blessing – thank you for sharing the great pictures. Ruby Jane is lucky to have you all. Our love -

37. Renee says:

Wow , Margo looks like a giant compared to the new nugget Ruby! What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving with your two miraculous girls. Much love to you all!

38. Lorie says:

Today is THANKSGIVING…enough said and congratulations!

39. Auto says:

Congratulations, Happy Thanksgiving indeed! Two beautiful girls. Amazing!

40. Gita says:

Oh, nici! and now, margot looks so BIG!!! beautiful documentation of the moment to share w/ all your peeps. i will be coming w/ nut-free goodness next week.
    gita

41. Elisabeth says:

Love to the newest Cline addition. We love you already Ruby.

42. Dan says:

Congrats!! I am in Missoula for the next couple days.
    Let me know if you and the fam are around. Would love to come see you all! Tell Andy to call me.

43. Carrie says:

Those are the photos I was waiting for. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing that intimate part of your world with me. See you Monday with food. :) Margot is going to be a RAD big sis.

Wow Nici! Congrats! What a wonderful way to celebrate the Holiday! All my best to you!

45. Britta says:

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful and you look fantastic. Best wishes to your family these next few weeks!

46. joan says:

Hi lttle family,

Love love the pics. Ruby is gorgeous. Margot looks so big next to her. I cna’t wait to met our new family member. As usual you all amaze me. Take care and kisses all around. Wow 2 parents, 2 girls, 2 cats, 1 pooch, 5 chickens, 1 full life, Love to everyone

47. Anonymous says:

I love reading the other comments. I don’t know what I could possibly add that hasn’t already been said. I especially love seeing how Margot is gazing so lovingly at her new little sister. That really got to me. Congrats to all of you. Can’t wait to see you all. Love Aunt Deb

48. Erin says:

Love her already! Such precious pix of your two girls.

49. Dana says:

golden beauty. congrats.

50. mmm.
    sweet.
    way to go friend.

with loads of love to you and your little family,
    your friends in the Flathead

51. Amy says:

I was out of town for Thanksgiving (in Santa Barbara, beautiful!) so I’m just now reading the news. Congratulations! And a big welcome to Ruby, she’s scrumptious.

How is Bug taking the arrival of her new sister?

52. farmama says:

Congratulations! She is beeeeuuutiful! Oh….new babies!!!! I’m glad the birth at home went well!
    love sara

53. Heather says:

Been out of town and just got home to the news! I seriously thought about you SO much, and even had another funny dream which I will email you about when the dust clears. So happy for you, your girls, Andy, and the four legged mammals.

Smooch,

Heather

54. Lurky Mommy says:

Oh sweet Ruby! What a beauty. And Margot, so grown up and big-sistery! I’m glad to be back home to see how it all worked out. Again, congratulations to you all.

Welcome, missy! And congrats, Nici, Andy and Margot on the newest and pinkest member of the family. All the very, very best. :)

56. vk says:

So happy that beautiful Ruby has arrived safely! Congratulations to the Cline family… can’t wait to meet her- xoxo

57. Terri says:

Sweet ~ Sweet granddaughter of mine!

58. Laura says:

nice work!

i loooooooooove that name!! she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

60. Jennifer says:

She’s super fabulous!

61. booksNyarn says:

Many many more congratulations to you and the family. Such a blessing to be thankful for!

62. Clancy says:

Congratulations Nici, Andy and Margot on your new arrival!!!!

63. Stephanie says:

Congratulations Nici & Andy!

64. Toni says:

Congratulations! And welcome Ruby Jane!

65. Sheila says:

what a beautiful baby

66. Lindsey says:

oh she is so beautiful nici and andy! congrats! so happy for the 4 of you!!!

67. A big congratulations to all! Love her name. And what priceless photos. You look beautiful.

68. Lindsay says:

Love it. Wonderful name! I was a nanny for a “Ruby Jane” and she was about the sweetest girl on the planet. And…if I’m ever blessed with a daughter (I’ve already been blessed with two sons!), her name will be Ruby June.

PS – your Ruby was gorgeous then and is even more gorgeous now. You are one lucky mama!