home

When Margot saw these photos she said, oh sister born cutie pie! oh, sister happy happy happy sister born.

The ruby is one of the hardest stones in nature, second only to the diamond.

The ruby is a stone of power and passion. It bestows energy and willpower, counteracting lethargy. It is associated with the sun.

The homes of the gods were said to be lit by the glow of rubies.

Ruby is traditionally associated with health and long life. The alchemists adopted the “perfect ruby” as a symbol of the philosopher’s stone or elixir of life. According to Ben Jonson:

He that has once the flower of the sun,
The perfect ruby which we call elixir
Not only can do that, but, by its virtue
Can confer honour, love, respect, long life,
Give safety, valour, ya, and victory,
To whom he will.

84 Responses to home

1. Anonymous says:

The Rubs is back just in time for Bakka! Great job running interference Nici, Andy!

Best. Bakka

2. Conny says:

Such a beautiful picture! Your Ruby is home – that’s wonderful. Congratulations.

Oh Nici, I’m so happy she’s home. I’ve felt like a sister or something, checking in on you every day but cringing as the page loads, just holding my breath for a teeny bit to see what’s happeneding.

I think you’re going to sleep with one eye and one ear open for a little while.

But here’s to finding a little routine and to celebrating the mundane parts of life. It’s sometimes soooo nice when nothing exciting or even interesting is going on.

4. Lisa says:

I knew Ruby could do it! And I knew you could do it! The yawning picture is awesome. She looks so pink and healthy and relaxed like nothing ever was wrong :) It is so wonderful that you are home and all is well! Thank you so much for sharing.

Dudes! You’re home!

And you’re also adorable and fabulous. Both of yous.

About time. Enjoy it all – you’ve all earned it.

Meanwhile, I will most happily follow along. Big loves.

6. erica says:

Awww..she’s so cute! Congrats to all…

7. etrothamel says:

I was just looking at the fabulous pictures of Ruby and Charlotte said…”ah a little baby, mommy” and I said, “that is your cousin Ruby” and she said, “Yep, my cousin Ruby!”

Love you
    e

8. Malissa says:

Ahhh! She is home! She is home! I have been checking and checking and worrying. I am so happy for you and your family. She is soooo beautiful. She has such depth in those big blue eyes. They are like looking into a deep blue pool. She is something special; that little Ruby. I bet you are so happy to be back home and get back into a routine! Yeah!!!!!

9. Tammy B says:

So, so, SO happy to see this post. I’ve been checking for days, hoping that the sun was still shining for you. And this is exactly what I was waiting for. It makes my heart swell with happiness – and I don’t even know you guys :)

10. a new post … yay!
    a new post w/ruby home? … HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!!

keep hanging in there, you amazing montana women!

11. paige says:

I second everything that Margot says, always, but especially now.

She does look all better… like nothing ever happened… only your hearts knows otherwise.

xo

12. paige says:

My editor is so fired.

13. ellen says:

I’ve been hanging on every post since this saga began. So thrilled you’re home. I can’t begin to imagine the relief. What a beautiful girl, what a fighter. And what amazing people she has around her.

14. Laura Joy says:

Whoo hoo! She is home. So glad for you.

15. Jean says:

Yes, the elixir of life. Oh, my God, I am so glad this is over. Onward.

Ruby was in my dreams last night and I am SO glad to see your family is all back at home and doing well!

tears of gratitude and joy.

happy new moon ruby. home in time for solstice, big sis’s birthday and the holidays.

so much love.

you are so beautiful!

18. Sara says:

Oh I’m so so so glad that Ruby is better, and that you have her home to snuggle and love! What a strong little lady! I wish you all the best! with love,
    sara

19. Anonymous says:

So so happy for you guys! So nice to see a pic of you home together. Yay, mama! Yay, Ruby! Yay, Margot! Yay, Andy!
    Melissa W.

Oh, this is the best news, the most perfect news. Your little gem is home, looking all in love with her Mama. We are so happy & relieved for your family. I *knew* anything else just wouldn’t/couldn’t be a part of your story. Ruby has reminded us to hug tighter and laugh harder.
    What a special gal you’ve got.
    Love & miss you.

21. Anonymous says:

12/15– This was Alden’s due date, two years ago. We waited another two weeks and a day to meet our little bucky-boo. It felt so endless… Yet, it ended.. He was, finally, two weeks, an induction, a c-section and a 5-day hospital stay later, with us. NOT what we imagined… Yet, what we had imagined mattered so, so much less than the real, real coming home that we think of as the real start of Life, Together…
    I’m so glad you are home. You, all of you. Love to you-

22. Sage says:

okay, trying this again… my first comment seems to have been lost out there in blogland.

I am so happy you are home! The pictures of you and Ruby say so much. She is beautiful and her eyes look strong and knowing to me. An old soul. Her name suits her so well…. and it is so amazing that you chose a name that fits her perfectly. Now she certainly owns the name Ruby.

It’s crazy how worried and sick I felt this last week… how I felt intertwined in your journey. I am sure that sounds so crazy, and to those that are old friends and dear family, certainly they must think this is nutso…. but I think it is a tribute to your honestly, the way you share your soul, and your sincere heart that those of us that haven’t ever locked eyes with you, feel like we know you and care so much. So a great big sigh of relief that ruby is home. Wishing you lots of healthy, uneventful days to come. Thanks for letting me tag along in this journey. xoxo

23. Heidi says:

HOME! best thing i’ve heard all day. so happy. beautiful baby and little sister says the cutest things:)
    xo

24. Anonymous says:

Welcome home baby Ruby!!! What excellent news for EVERYONE. We’ve all grown quite attached to this little one we don’t even know yet. Blessings for sure. Enjoy!

Nici, you and Andy are an amazing duo….I love to watch your love. This week was stressful, yes…but also so rewarding to see first hand this joyous family reunion. I can just feel the warmth.

AND oh my Margot….how I love to “show you off”! We went shopping to today and you absolutely melt my heart when you say “hi & bye” to EVERYTHING….even Christmas trees! You bring me to my knees when to tell anyone, who will listen, “my Grammy” as you point to me. I am so in love with you!

Ruby! I am going to stand back and watch what you do in this world…after witnessing how you controlled your NICU experience I have no doubt you will be a force to be reckoned with. “RUBY,the elixir of life”..love you so.

xoxo, Mom/Gram

26. Shelby says:

SHE’S HOME! Our whole family has been reading your blog – waiting for your sweet baby to feel better and to come home. Now it’s time to heal from the stress you’ve endured and snuggle your beautiful family.
    Congrats!

oh, im so happy! feeling at peace now! hugs! big ones!

28. Carrie says:

you’re home too. must feel good for all. yeah.

29. Laura says:

Was she in the hospital for a while? It seems like you had her several weeks ago, if i’m correct. hope everyone’s happy and healthy!

30. Anonymous says:

So glad!

31. “People usually are the happiest at home.”

-William Shakespeare

So glad you’re HOME.

Aunt Lorie

32. anne c says:

It did not escape my notice that you are looking in tip-top shape, Mrs. Cline. ; )

Love to all of you, and welcome home!!

33. Dakota says:

What a relief. Go Ruby!

34. I’m so happy she’s home. Your post gave me goosebumps. So glad you all made it through, it makes life that much sweeter.

35. Janine Evans says:

I, like so many others, have been waiting for this news.
    My heart is lighter knowing that you’re all home together.
    I love all the tidbit facts about rubies. Awesome.
    “Oh, happy happy happy sister born” indeed.

36. Angela says:

Happy to hear that everyone is home and all is well.

37. *Wesley* says:

What a beautiful post! Congrats on having Ruby back home. She is one tough little girl!

38. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Just checking on you before I tucked in for the night good friend. This is great news. We are clapping from the Flathead Valley.
    .. now settle in for that long winters nap.
    Merry Christmas and loads of love to you all.

Ahh, that look on your face.. priceless.

39. Anonymous says:

woo hoo

40. Tammi says:

We are so stinkin’ happy for you guys! Care package on its way to Margot from my little guy.

So much love to you and your beautiful family.

41. Talitha says:

Woo hooooo!!! Home where she belongs! I knew you could do it, Ruby. Bravo.

42. Marya says:

Congratulations.

43. Big WOOHOO from Georgia. Now it will be a “very Merry” Christmas!

Sandy

44. Deb says:

So lovely to see her home. Have a wonderful Christmas!

45. Madame S says:

Oh YAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad and thankful and happy she is home and well again. :D:D:D Congratulations and have a wonderful Christmas! :)

46. Ann says:

Thank God and all things holy for her rally and homecoming. What a sweetie pie. I am so happy for you and your family.

47. booksNyarn says:

Such a wonderful blessing and gift. I am so happy that Ruby is home!

48. Beth says:

I have felt a bit silly, this past while, being so caught up in the life of a stranger, but your little Ruby has been on my heart and mind.

Everytime I snuggled my babe or kissed her sweet cheeks I was thinking of Ruby, sending her healing wishes and counting my blessings.

I am so happy for you, so glad to see her so pink and alive and looking like nothing ever happened! And I will continue to send wishes out to the universe as you settle back into sweet, ordinary everyday life.

May this be your merriest Christmas ever!

49. Heather says:

Can you hear my ‘woo-hoo’ all the way from North Carolina? It is loud.

xo

Heather

50. I am SO happy that Ruby (& mama too!) are home safely!! Tears of joy for y’all are flowing down my cheeks right now.
    Way to go little Ruby!

51. j.j. says:

Great news!! I am so very, very happy to hear that Ruby is home and that you are all back in your nest. Lots of love, jj

52. Crystal says:

Yeah, I’m so happy that Ruby is home. A nation full of prayers can make miricles happen. I’m SOOOO happy that your family is all back home for the Holidays.

Love and Peace,
    Crystal

53. me says:

So happy for Ruby and your family! May your holidays be peaceful, rich in family and friends, and full of good things.

cheers!

Laura

54. Lauren says:

So happy to hear everyone’s happy and healthy. I can’t wait to meet your little sweetie!

55. Elise says:

yeah,,,now thats what I’m talking about!!!!!

56. Linda says:

Wonderful wonderful news! I am so happy to hear Ruby is home and healthy. Beautiful pictures!

57. sarah says:

best ever.
    love you

58. Lurky Mommy says:

Thank God Ruby is back where she belongs!! I’m so relieved and just plain glad for all of you. Thanks, as always, for letting all of us know what’s going on. I’ve been waiting for this post!

59. Pam says:

Huzzah!!!! ’nuff said…

60. Joan says:

That yawn of Ruby’s speaks for the whole family. Time for her mama and papa to sleep peacefully again. Well as peacefully as one can with a new born sister born cutie pie.

waiting and waiting and finally. good good news! so happy for all of you!
    and now i know exactly just how to finish the gift for you that has been waiting too. keep an eye on your mail … i’ll get it out this weekend. enjoy it.

62. I’m so glad to see everyone home! What a great Christmas present!

the yawn picture just has me staring at her perfection. and your words…so powerful for such a precious little wonder. you were right…home in time for margot’s birthday. oh, how this week will be so special for you…and for that, we are so entirely grateful.

love.

64. Marty says:

Praise God! I’m doing a happy dance right now!

65. Claire says:

So very glad to hear your all home. ‘Twill be an especially special and thankful holiday ahead. Lots of love from our family to yours. Cheers!

66. Anonymous says:

Mama to be in Paoli—
    Welcome home!!!!! Such great news. Time to lounge on the couch with that little gem and get some homestyle R&R!!!!!

67. Catherine says:

Yeah, this terrible nightmare is over!

68. Nicole says:

Oh, thank heavens! What could better than a new baby, home and healthy…everyone home together in time for Christmas…absolutely wonderful!!!

69. Anonymous says:

Fantastic, wonderful, joyous news! Enjoy your sweet family and every blessed moment. If this whole situation isn’t a reminder to be present and enjoy every stinking moment of life I don’t know what is!

70. lera says:

So happy to hear that little “sister born” is home.

71. Montana4me says:

I’m so deeply, truly happy for you. Welcome home!

72. Nici and family

So happy that you’re all home and happy, the perfect place to be this time of the year especially.

Enjoy every minute, as they grow up so quickly!

Thank the Lord that all turned out well for your family.

Jeanne

73. Tim Netzley says:

We;ve been praying for you since seeing you in the MammaLode. I know Andy. We are so happy to see Ruby home and healthier.

74. thinking about you guys! just checking by to see if there was a new post. hope all is cozy and well …

75. Anonymous says:

I love puma’s line of shoes. It feels like a track shoe, but it’s a great puma shoes for walking and everyday activities. Recommend a discount online store to my friends: http://www.pumaforever.com From there we can enjoy Puma Speed Cat with low price.

76. Jennifer says:

What a holiday blessing. So happy to know that your Ruby has come home. May you have a wondrous time with her!! Make up for all the lost hugs!

77. Brandy says:

sitting in my pregnancy-induced state of insomnia, I decided to check your blog (hoping and praying for good news) and see how you, Ruby and family were…I’m so relieved and happy for you all.

78. Tammy B says:

Thinking about you here too. Hope you are all cozy and warm at home.

79. Crystal says:

Hope all is well, Haven’t seen a new post in a while. Happy Holiday’s.