We are pretty lucky to live in a small space with access to the internet. I am loving the camaraderie and creativity out there. People who live in 250 square feet and nerd out on space efficiency and then hop online to share their nerdiness with nerdy people like us.
Having wee friends over is funny.
There is much about our space (400 square feet; a bit smaller than a two-car garage) that feels exciting and liberating:
- We picked exactly what we need and realized we still had space for non-essentials.
- Our kids have never been more creative with their play, with only a few books, art supplies, puzzles and a bag of scarves.
- It feels like camping every day.
- More cuddling, hanging, reading, talking, being together.
- Cooking! Not much kitchen space.
- Our home always feels messy. For example, laundry to put away? It’s in the kitchen. Kids make a fort? I can’t walk.
- It’s like camping every day.
- The kids don’t really want to sleep because, a few feet away, mom and dad are doing something awesome and interesting (not in that way. GEEZ).
OK, I’m off to the other side of this wall to slumber. Sweet dreams out there.