always there for us

After a rainy and chilly end of spring in Montana, it seems summer really did come with the solstice.

I wrote about Margot and her bike in this week’s mama digs: training wheels. About her beautifully strong personality and her direct ability to put me right in my place when I need it. Love this kid.

We’ve been busy working on home renovations and I am eager to share stories about paint, arranging and moving. However…it’s summer! And while I am thankful to be doing all this messy, tiring work with windows open and cottonwood adrift, I am also eager to think about something else here today. You get it.
As awesome as it is to bury my nose in a new house and sculpt it into home, it is equally awesome to walk right away and stretch my face and feet to infinity. Isn’t that magical? The never-ending sky, the solid earth that surrounds and connects you and me.
Always there for us.

ps I get many questions about my business from you all and I am working on a post about it. I look forward to sharing the story of the evolution of dig this chick and answering some of your questions later this week. I recently thought a lot about our story and plans because we applied for a big ol’ grant, one that asks for community support. My family would appreciate your vote! It’s easy: click here, login into your facebook account, search for ‘dig this chick’ and vote (you can vote for more than one business!). Thank you.

25 Responses to always there for us

1. Angela says:

Just voted!!! I always enjoy your blogs & love your work. (I got to see some of it first hand this past weekend at the MADE fair…great stuff!!)

2. Staci says:

i love that they re-vamped duncan with some nice, big biking shoulders! i can’t even count how many times i biked up that huge hill to the farm…

3. Maria says:

Amazingly beautiful photographs! Love the two of you with the girls.
    Stunning, joyful smiles, all of you

4. jenniwaka says:

those sun flare pics are gorgeous! voted for ya!

5. danielle.k says:

Voted! Beautiful pictures….your posts always make me want to pack up and move to Montana!

6. Sara says:

Love all that you do and stand for. Voted with love – I am thankful for you!

7. Sara says:

Love all that you do and stand for. Voted with love – I am thankful for you!

8. Jill says:

Voted…for you! And, mamalode too!

9. ctb says:

oh so jealous of sun streaks and bare bottomed children! we are not there yet. its been rainy, windy, cold. but alas, today the blue sky burst through, and i can feel it brewing… summer :)

ahem, no facebook.
    how else can one vote?????

10. Already voted. Ah, and I see the love affair with summer has returned. But it must feel like dating all over again with your new house and trails leading from your back door.

P.S. voted days ago.

xo

11. Voted. Hooray for summer! I too am filling up my storage battery full of warmth and heat.

Wow. So many beautiful, evocative pictures in this post. A veritable feast for the eyes. Thank you for sharing.

13. Ah, Montanta looks lovely right now. Summer solstice brought us 95 degree days. On my way to water the garden now, have given up on saving the lawn :) Stevie@ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

YOU know you have my vote ;0)!!

Great photos Burb, as always….we need to talk/skype….I miss you!

15. Megan says:

Gorgeous pictures of your girls in the sun! Summer in Montana looks dreamy- we’re gearing up for 100*+ weather this weekend- scorching!

Oh Nici, these pictures are fantastic. Very spirit-soaring summer vibe. I voted for you and included you in my Facebook shout-out for Mamalode last week. xo

17. Lisa says:

Beautiful pictures! You’ve captured summer so beautifully.

18. rebecca... says:

,,,i’m always in support of you, wish to vote but i don’t subscribe to “facebook”, please share with me an alternative way, thanks! i love your photos, the final one of “rubes” is priceless! cheers!,,,

19. that creek looks so beautiful!

20. These pictures are breathtaking! Some of the best you’ve shared. So glad you are enjoying your new space and the life around you. xo

21. Oh to those beloveds who have inquired:

I do believe you may only vote through facebook. I think this is the way they ensure one vote per human.

x

22. Laura says:

Voted. Your pics make me miss home and how thankful I am to be going to Missoula next week to see my family.

23. Lisa says:

You and your gorgeous daughters have the happiest, most infectious smiles…beautiful :)

24. sarah says:

cool handlebars!

25. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I liked this post. It was funny. Keep on posting!