overheard

Margot: OK, dad. Now you puke. Go.
Andy: Heeeeecccchhhmmmmaaay. Booochaaaaaw.
Margot: Oh that’s bad. You OK, honey?
Ruby: You all done puking daddy?
Andy: Yeah, but my belly still hurts.
Ruby: I make you tummy tea and get the oils.
Margot: No. You have a fever.
Andy: Really? Shoot. How hot?
Margot: 50 degrees! I got it. Here’s a bandage.
Andy: Oh now I’m bleeding?
Ruby: Oh no we need go to the hostible! I get keys. Actually, I go get nother bandage. Here you go daddy. Margot, get me a pin.
Andy: That looks like a photograph.
Ruby: Pretend, dad. It’s a pin.
Margot: Uh Oh. Hhhmmmuaaaaaaaaah.
Andy: Wait, now you’re throwing up? Nurse, you have to help the doctor. She’s puking.
Ruby: Let’s call your mom. Let me get a baby and a necklace. Here. Open your mouth. Wider, wider. OK. Is that clean? OK?
Margot: OK. Here’s the real doctor, the big doctor. I got it. All done puking. Let’s read a book.

Andy: OK girls. PJ time.
Ruby: Bah bah black sheep have you any wolves. Yes sir yes sir…
Andy: Rubes, seriously pal.
Ruby: three bags full! One for the mister and one for the day and…
Margot: Ruby, you should listen to daddy. It’s world kindness week.
Ruby: one for the little boy who lives by the lake!

Andy: No, we aren’t reading a book until we pick up. Our house is a disaster.
Ruby: Sorry Margot. Us not do anyfing fun because our home is disaster. And disaster not kind.

:: :: ::

In this busy month of sewing and sewing and mailing, I am often working while my three people are together. I love that my studio is in my home because, when I am not making pancakes or reading books or playing airplane, I get to hear it. It’s a funny and fabulous way to witness my family, actually.

24 Responses to overheard

1. Wesley says:

Love it!!

2. MontanaAnna says:

Disaster not kind.
    But the rest of that post? Priceless.
    Maybe one of my favorites. Evah.

3. finny says:

“have you any wolves”

HA! I totally honked at that one.

And Andy going, “Seriously”.

• dig dig says:

Don’t forget the pal. It kills me. He always says seriously, pal

• Mary says:

The “pal” KILLS me! So funny I can just hear the practiced patience. We are always calling Ben “bud” in the same tone, and I catch him muttering replays of our conversations to himself: “{tsk tsk} it’s bwoken bud, sawee. Sawee bud, sawee… Ssssokay bud…” cracks me up to no end.

4. Angie says:

Awesome. I sit here grinnin’.

5. Trbholt says:

OH I needed this!
    Burb~What fun to have your children emulate the love you show to them!
    Ruby~You crack me up, I see a a book in your future….You Are My Sunshine!
    Margot~You are the wise one, so thoughtful in all you do….I Love You A Bushel & A Peck!
    Andy~You are a good sport & one fine daddy!

I love you all!
    xo, Mom/Terri/Gram

6. Kristianna says:

Classic song misinterpretation that she made up, which still totally makes sense, but makes it a very different song. I bet, in her head, it makes a lot of sense to give wool to the wolves. :)

7. Rachel says:

Hahaha…I nanny for two little boys, and that entire conversation is totally reminiscent of the countless times I’ve eavesdropped outside their bedroom door as they play with their toys. So funny. Kids are the best.

8. Bethany says:

My goodness. They are seriously cute. This post is one of my favorite!

9. To echo the first comment, I LOVE IT!, too. Nothing makes my Mama-heart sing like hearing my two smalls playing creatively and imaginatively together, and it only soars higher when Daddy is in the thick of it with them. It makes being busy at your own tasks a million times easier when you can hear those quality reminders that life is happily humming along nearby.

10. Sarah Phillips says:

“And disaster not kind” – LOL! fantastic!!

I love hearing my loves all together, too! :) makes me appreciate the relationship they have with their Dad!

11. Melina says:

tell R And M to direct pressure on his bleeds and ask him where the stomach pain started, what he was doing when it started, if it’s radiating out anywhere, or if there is pain upon palpitation. And they are completely correct: in severe situations, babies and necklaces are always the best choice.

xo
    Melina

12. Kelly Cach says:

Can’t tell you how much I love this. I used to write down my boys’ conversations and the last one I did, they were playing “Doctor Appointment.” One was the receptionist and would call in the “next contestant” and Doctor diagnosed his very sick contestant just by looking in his ears. I will never forget when he declared, “Yep! Ya got scabs.”

Hope this comment makes it through… My last one on Margot’s lunch never did.

13. Jane says:

Hi Nici

I LOVE your pine cone trees! What a wonderful craft to do with my girls. How did you hang the wood to your ceiling? Please advise! Have a great weekend. Happy Turkey Day and Happy Birthday Ruby!

Peace and Love from Nova Scotia, Canada
    Jane

• dig dig says:

I used monofilament and decorative metal tacks and that was it! I should mention that this stick is old and weathered and very, very dry. So it is super light! It’s one of the reasons we chose it. The tacks hold it just fine. If you had a heavier stick, you could use those hooks that anchor in the ceiling but then you’d have some post-holiday patching to do!

14. Amy says:

so, i have a 14 month old and a 2 month old. i have a tough relationship with my own sister, so i have a hard time thinking they are going to be little best friends. but. your girls relationship is magical. i can only hope and pray to cultivate a love like your girls have. someday, i will get to hear these sweet little convos from down my hall. oh i can’t wait.

15. Mary A-J says:

Love that you can overhear such awesome conversations while working! :)

16. suplementami says:

I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your website?

17. I am only writing to make you be aware of what a useful discovery my wife’s princess went through visiting your web site. She mastered plenty of details, with the inclusion of what it’s like to have an excellent giving nature to get other folks without hassle comprehend several advanced subject areas. You actually exceeded her expected results. Thanks for showing those interesting, safe, informative not to mention fun tips on this topic to Julie.

18. Good
    That’s a awesomepost

19. I am trying to build a blog as part of a project, and I have been told not use blogger or any of the blog building websites, Requirement is to get access to my blog privately without using any public site that requires me to log on to them before i get to my blog. How do i do it? Or is there any website that could help? Please help. I am in a race against time. Please. this bean bag chair is simply adorable

20. Recurring purifies utilizing stimulant laxatives and additionally going on a fast could lead to substantial circulation acidity. oneymichaelkors.webs.com